"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:45
We believe that our faith is incomplete without our works. Therefore, our philosophy is strongly grounded in serving others, with the end goal of helping students to become true Catholic Servant Leaders.
We strive to provide opportunities for our children and their parents to utilize their gifts to help others in our local, national, and global communities. Our middle school classes provide leadership for our service efforts, with 6th grade focusing on the local community, 7th on national needs, and 8th international projects.
- Provided Thanksgiving baskets to needy families through Oasis Catolico
- Raised funds for the Wounded Warrior Program by inviting veterans to a basketball game, gave the veterans gift bags, and donated all of the game proceeds to the organization
- Coordinated school-wide Christmas food drive through St. Joseph's Catholic Charities
- Participated in Dancing With The Athens Stars to raise money for Project Safe
- Gathered personal care items and books for the Athens Homeless Shelter
- Provided farm animals to communities in underdeveloped countries
- Annual observation of Global Youth Service Day with school-wide participation in organized service projects on our campus and in the community
- Partnership with Keep Athens-Clarke County Beautiful for on campus and community service projects
Lower grades get involved in these projects in meaningful ways, such as bringing in spare change for chosen charities or pantry items for food drives for needy families.
Through these hands-on faith-based learning experiences, St. Joseph's students become prepared for leading greater service projects at the high school and college levels, and eventually as productive and thoughtful citizens in our community.