Mrs. Tina Bortle
Director of Development
Our Development Program supports and promotes the SJS Mission by implementing and overseeing development activities necessary to grow the School and expand the base of financial support from a broad range of sources.
Key areas of our focus include:
- Ongoing development and update of our School’s five-year strategic plan
- Identifying potential major donors, including individual, corporate and foundations, and cultivating those relationships through ongoing communications
- Overseeing all School fundraising activities to develop a consistent, organized and fully integrated approach
- Establishing and maintaining our database of donors and school alumni related to development activities and targeted communications
- Overseeing all public relations activities of the School within our community and our SJS family
I have been a part of the School administration team for over 12 years. I am very fortunate to have met and interacted with each and every family that has been a part of the SJS family during that time. The relationships built have served as a solid foundation for future endeavors to further enhance our school. Having just recently taken on the full-time role of Director of Development, I rely on the experience gained during the many years I worked on development while I was Assistant to the Principal. My education is in business administration, and my prior work experience was in the for-profit business world. My experience with Catholic education comes first hand, through my four wonderful children who all attended SJS. We have been a St. Joseph parish family for over 25 years and are proud to call Athens our home.
“No child should be denied his or her right to an education in faith, which in turn nurtures the soul of a nation.” – Pope Benedict XVI